Thursday 9 May 2013

Having rethinks about the colouring and texture...

Now I have redesigned my characters and thought about the backgrounds, I am now having second thoughts about how to colour my narrative. I still want to include and keep the idea of individual colour pallettes, but now I am unsure if the idea of expressive paint textures are going to work as well.

Now I have re-read and clarified my story, I have realised that it has a very sci-fi feel to it. This hadn't occurred to me before as I was looking at everything from a personal point of view, where everything makes sense.
But my target audience may get a strong sci-fi vibe from the narrative, which I don't mind, but I lose the chance of trying to express it as a piece of old folklore too.

If I have very whimsical and easy-to-spot photoshop elements to my colouring technique, the narrative will be lost to the generic ideals of technology.

After looking at the native Canadian art, I colud see that just because something is technical, it doesn't have to be created via computer, and maybe more hand-made and practical methods could be explored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.