Friday 10 May 2013

Next steps from here...

Now that university is finished for me, I now need to start thinking about how my continual illustration practice will fit around my non student and working life.

I have already been offered a job as a part time art technician at a Secondary School close to my hometown, so I need to organise my time so I can still leave room for keeping a freelance business open on the side.

As, for now, I will be moving back in with my parents, I need to agree on space and accommodate room to designate as my "studio". I would like as much space as possible (perhaps expanding into a small shed for messier practice), as this will give me a chance to maintain my independence that I had built up over the past three years living away.

With the money from my part time job, I wish to invest in a small collection of my own printing equipment. I want to research into what I can afford yet is still very good quality so I can continue to make lino cut print creations.

With the left over research and inspiration that I have gained from this project, I have already begun to think about my next major narrative piece.
Where the Nikahrat was trying to counteract very difficult and personal emotions, this next one for me will be to try and counteract a personal fear. It will not need so many deeper emotions entwined with the story and could end up being very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.